Manzanita's Data Services Key To Offshore Project Success
Manzanita's High-Speed ROI:
Measured in Minutes
- Rescued an at-risk deadline for oil production
- Prevented loss of millions per day in opportunity cost
- Created comprehensive, searchable, instantly accessible data resource worth millions
- Eliminated costly unnecessary offshore service trips
Manzanita provides geotechnical support, consulting services, data management, GIS coordination, technical drafting, scanning and digitization services that help oil and gas companies reduce costs and risk, and increase productivity.
Call us to learn more and discuss how we can help you develop and implement plans for highly-effective management of your data.
A major O&G exploration company facing risks of costly production delays engages Manzanita, successfully meets its schedule and achieves payback in minutes
With precious little time remaining before scheduled production was to begin at a new offshore facility, data critical to the project was stalled, threatening revenue, profitability and resources. The site was scheduled to begin production in four weeks, with an opportunity cost of delayed oil production estimated in millions of dollars per day.
- The company's original scanning services and data management contractor had performed poorly and pulled out of the project at the last minute, causing company-wide concern and frustration
- Data was left in disarray for countless off-shore platform products, assemblies, sub-assemblies, subcontractors, and employees
- The resultant lost time and direct expense was well over $1 million, with significant indirect expenses too difficult to quantify
Facing the high opportunity cost, the company needed a way to make the deadline anyway - an unheard of undertaking. To have a shot at success, the company determined they needed a data services company with proven O&G expertise, and retained Manzanita Services. Manzanita team members were deployed to the client's site and at Manzanita's Houston headquarters, along with equipment and related technologies to achieve the following:
Manzanita's data services achieved payback in minutes
- Make up for lost time and expense of poor service and quality controls from the previous data services contractor
- Find, scan and "compartmentalize" 80,000+ documents
- Organize documents from project purchase order number reference criteria into readily recognizable, usable and searchable operating site-related names
- Create "vendor data books" for supporting key operations personnel and services providers
- Develop document naming conventions and indexing schemes that were "more user friendly," relating to platform TLP components rather than to purchase order numbers
- Implement comprehensive, proven QA and QC procedures
- Complete the project on time (3-4 weeks) within a tight budget to allow the company to meet the production deadline
RESULTS TO DATE
- Manzanita met all the company's goals, enabling the platform to go into production on schedule, paying for the entire data project in minutes and preventing millions in lost revenue
- The myriad of disparate documents, sources, locations and names were normalized and OCR scanned for electronic storage and simplified retrieval and archiving. Standardized data naming, filing and indexing conventions and processes were developed with the client and implemented
- Manzanita's O&G experienced team was able to identify the contents of documents, their relevance, how to cross-reference each with PO numbers of services / products providers, where they were to be filed, how to be named, indexed and sub-categorized per direct client requirements. The importance of Manzanita's O&G experience was so significant to the project's success that it was deemed "impossible to measure"
- The value of the complete, accurate and accessible data delivered to the company is estimated to be in the $ millions and a vital resource for offshore field operations personnel, corporate operations personnel, countless vendors and direct / indirect maintenance personnel
- Unnecessary service trips to the offshore facility have been eliminated, saving $7,000 - $14,000 per trip. With the data compiled by Manzanita, the company is able to ensure the RIGHT people are sent to the site, and only when necessary